The business need
Online systems may have progressed greatly in recent times, but they only go so far when there’s a need to get information from potential customers about their health and lifestyle. On the one hand, people are reluctant to talk about health issues in detail; on the other hand, online forms and non-medical employees can’t ‘dig into the detail’ effectively. As a result, data gathered can be inaccurate, leading to high non-disclosure rates and a large percentage of misreported information.
MorganAsh provides an industry-leading tele-interviewing service for insurance providers. We offer choice: the ability to gather information via multiple (but connected) methods, so we can mix and match online and telephone channels – responding to customer preference. Developed over time, our systems go way beyond most online scripts. Our interviews are all undertaken by qualified nurses, trained on the needs of the insurance sector. This makes a massive difference to the quality of data gathered. We build rapport and drill down into responses intelligently and instantly – and so get better data. We’ve undertaken over a million cases and have had almost no cases of non-disclosure.
- Flexible choice of interviewing processes.
- Interviews by trained, qualified nurses, experienced in the needs of the insurance industry.
- Service tailored to each insurance company’s needs.
- FCA-regulated service.
- Significantly better data accuracy.
- Substantially lower non-disclosure rates.
- Superior customer experience.
The business need
Insurance organisations may lack their own in-house underwriting staff or may need additional underwriting resources from time to time – when there is increased demand or to cover staff illness or maternity leave.
MorganAsh provides underwriting solutions on a bespoke basis to suit an insurance company’s specific requirements. Our professional underwriters are highly skilled, with many years’ underwriting experience of all protection products. We can provide underwriters remotely (via secure online systems) or within your office; in either case, subject to stringent quality assurance procedures to ensure a high standard of service. Our underwriting administration team is available to perform all aspects of evidence collection – including issuing evidence requests, chasing outstanding reports, receiving and uploading evidence to either our secure underwriting system or to your own online system.
- Skilled underwriters available on demand.
- Total outsourced solution utilising all aspects of our underwriting department.
- Independent auditing to ensure standards are maintained and risk exposure is reduced.
- Short-term cover for temporary staff shortages such as holidays or sickness.
- Ad hoc provision of underwriting support during periods of increased work or sales-target deadlines.
- Reduce ongoing costs but maintain high availability.
- Cover fluctuations in staffing levels easily and with confidence.
- Flexible cover: our offices or yours.
New business outsourcing
The business need
Insurance organisations need medical underwriting capabilities, want to improve efficiency or add new services but are too busy or lack capacity to develop these in-house.
MorganAsh operates a full new business processing capability, including medical underwriting and claims, for several insurance companies. Insurance firms can outsource all or part of services to MorganAsh, an FCA-regulated company, enabling them to grow lines of business, realise new income streams or simply improve efficiency.
- Underwriting via multiple channels: online, smartphone, telephone.
- Automated and manual underwriting.
- Skilled, experienced underwriters.
- Work with an award-winning, FCA-approved partner.
- Grow new business with less investment or risk.
- Vastly improved speed of underwriting coupled with reduced costs – typically 35% less than with traditional approaches (medical evidence reduced by up to 50%; reinsurance rates reduced by up to 5%).
- Increased sales-conversion rates.
- Keeps costs in line with revenue.
The business need
Traditional claims processes have led to negative publicity and customer complaints. Although there have been vast improvements over recent years, including the introduction of tele-claims, there is still far too much scope for negative press. Crisis Support turns the claims process on its head, and instead offers a support service to policyholders first – and as part of this process collects all the information for claims assessment. It is the next generation of claims processing.
Crisis Support combines tele-claims, claims reviews and early intervention with a nurse-led case-management service. We provide expert support and guidance for those faced with a long-term illness or injury as well as gather all the required information for processing a claim. We enable people to cope with their changed lives or help them get their lives back on track. MorganAsh’s experienced nurses work with policyholders to understand their specific needs and then to match those needs to the most suitable healthcare and support services. We provide services such as specialist counselling (including bereavement counselling) and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). We also help to outline options available for treatment and support, explain complex medical terminology, recommend coping strategies, connect people with self-help groups – and much more.
- For policyholders, not just claimants.
- Expert help from experienced, qualified nurses.
- Support for an extensive range of physical and mental conditions.
- Practical and emotional support.
- Professional counselling services.
- Helps get customers back on track in the most effective, caring way.
- Intervention at the earliest opportunity, regardless of the validity of a claim, gives the best chance of recovery – particularly for mental health and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Enables caring empathetic service to be provided when claims ‘fail to meet the definitions’.
- Reduces complaints and negates bad publicity.
- Reduces cost of gathering further medical evidence for claims.
- Saves duplicate costs for claim services and nurse care services.